13 May 2009

Waaaaaay overdue...

Wow, I cannot believe it's been over a month since my last post.  I feel like we've been snowballing with things to be done before school is out (next Wednesday!) and planning a summer Spanish camp for our district of 88 schools!  It has truly been a whirlwind, but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel (too many metaphors for one sentence?)  

John found out he will deploy this fall for 3-4 months, his window to leave for Afghanistan from August-November.  We will keep you posted as we find out more information.  We knew this was probable and, at this point, we are glad to have the knowledge to prepare and that it is not a full year.  I am still convinced John is right where God wants him and continues to show us that through opportunities for John to share his love for the Lord with his soldiers.  

John and I have been playing in softball leagues on post.  John is on the team called 'The Immigrants,' which literally is all Dominicans and 3 or so white boys.  I go to translate for John.  What he doesn't know is that they're all talking about how awesome he is in Spanish.  I'm playing in a women's league for team Womack, the hospital on post.  We are undefeated so far, and I'm playing mostly 2nd base.  

We are tentatively planning a vacation this summer right after the 4th of July.  We'd like to take advantage of the Space A travel, the free military travel to and from air force bases all around the world.  We're looking into Spain, but these things can be tricky, so we have some investigating to do before we set anything in stone.

On a very sad note, one of my good friend's mom died tragically in a car accident 2 weeks ago.  Sharon Page, Shaun Page's mom and dear friend to my family, was driving on her way to school where she worked and was killed in a single car accident.  We know the Page family would appreciate your prayers as they go through one of the hardest times in their life.

Here's a little look....more soon...I hope!  Love you guys.  




No comments:

Popular Posts