11 December 2011

Cooking Light

I randomly picked up November's issue of Cooking Light, which has turned out to be my new favorite magazine for amazingly delicious and quick recipes. It all started with this: Crispy Pork Medallions with Roasted Root Vegetables. I was looking for a recipe to make while my parents were here after having leftover turkey for 3 days. This was a crowd pleaser and super easy.

So today I decided that, because this week is crammed with holiday parties, doctor appointments and packing to go up north, I would do all my cooking today for the week. None were very labor intensive, and I can't wait to enjoy them all week long. All the recipes come with nutrition facts and chock full of veggies and lean meats. I am pretty sure I see a future subscription to this magazine, because all these are tried and true YUM-O.
Chicken and Sausage Jumbalaya
Turkey Sausage, Mushroom, and Potato Gratin
Sesame Beef Stir Fry
Spanish-Style Cod in Tomato Broth
Some kid friendly choices I plan to test out after Christmas vacation:
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Baked Mac and Cheese
Broccoli and Rice Casseroles
A not-so-quick-but-delicious indulgence, that is, tamales.
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tamales with Tomatillo Sauce

1 comment:

Allison said...

I have a subscription to this mag. It's funny b/c I never find the time to look at it but when I have, I felt like they are all long and complicated recipes (with ingredients I've not heard of). But your list looks great! I am going to try a couple of them now. Thanks!

Popular Posts