11 February 2012

What a Week...Prayer Request.


This week has been draining physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Josiah has been sick (vomit/diarrhea sick) since last Sunday. We have been to the doctor twice, had his blood drawn and to an imaging office for a chest x-ray on him to rule out pneumonia. Turns out it's a viral infection, but it's very long lasting and it's been near impossible to get anything done while he's awake, and it feels like when he's asleep I'm cleaning up puke or poop. We've been good for about 48 hours and, slowly but surely, we are getting glimpses of our happy, healthy little boy back.

My best friend growing up, Kelly's, mom has been battling a long fight against many types of cancer, and this week seemed to be taking a turn for the worse. Kelly is a new single mom and her only sibling, Justin, lives in Seattle. He came home to be with the family this week, but Chris still needs a lot of prayer to continue fighting so courageously, and it's hard for me to deal with, especially 700 miles away. I want so badly to jump on a plane, but that is impossible right now.

My grandpa is also having a lot of health complications from a hip replacement surgery, aided by his existing Alzheimer's. My grandma is 83 and taking care of him alone in Florida has put a lot of stress on her. We know that hard decisions will soon have to be made.

I believe that in all things God is faithful and he's shown me so much love this week, as I've had a couple breakdowns from physical and mental stress. But, I don't write to complain, but to ask for prayer. Please pray for...

Kelly's family: her mom, Chris, as she battles every day to hold on for her family
Josiah's health: I need a friend to watch him when I go into labor, and I pray he is recovered 100% for his sake, and for theirs!
My Grandpa and Grandma: both of their health, as well as extra endurance for my Grandma

Thank you so much! -The Germanceris

I leave you with a song that I heard from Kari Jobe this week that is encouraging to anyone going through a hard time in their life right now...take a listen!
"Love Came Down" by Kari Jobe on the album "Where I Find You"

If my heart is overwhelmed
and I cannot hear Your voice
I'll hold on to what is true though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come
and the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith I will believe

I remind myself of all that You've done
And the life I have because Your Son

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours I am forever Yours
Mountain high or valley low
I sing out and remind my soul
I am Yours I am forever Yours

When my heart is filled with hope
and every promise comes my way
When I feel Your hands of grace rest upon me
Staying desperate for You God,
Staying humbled at Your feet
I will lift these hands and praise I will believe

I am Yours, I am Yours,
all my days, Jesus, I am Yours
I am Yours, I am Yours
all my days, I am Yours

I am Yours
I am Yours
I am Yours
Jesus, I am Yours

No comments:

Popular Posts