29 June 2012

Week Up North Part I

We made a quick trip north to visit family last week, due to the sudden decline in John's grandpa's health.  We spent Monday-Friday visiting John's family.  Under the circumstances, we had a great visit.  The whole family was in so we spent lots of time with his extended family, and Josiah had SO much fun riding tractors, 4-wheelers, boats, and swimming.  We've decided he's a country boy at heart.  Does he have much of a choice?  His daddy is the biggest country boy I know!  John would have been out in the field this week, which also fell on my birthday, so I was ecstatic to be able to spend it with him, as well as family!  Thank you, Sarah, for making me an amazing birthday cake, and for the whole family celebrating with me.  It was one of my best-ever birthdays!

We spent the rest of the week 3 hours north, at my sister's house in Indianapolis.  My parents, grandparents, and uncle also came down and it was food for our family-deprived souls.  We rode a train into Noblesville, picnicked in the park, rode a carousel, played in Becky's backyard {kid heaven}, swam...and that was Saturday!  Thanks to my amazing sis and her hubs, Becky and Eric, for being such great hosts and opening your home for ALL of us!  And thank you to Grandpa, Grandpa, Uncle Larry, and my Mom and Dad for coming down to spend a couple fun-filled days with us.  My memories will be the strength to carry me until the next time we can all be together.  I really do...cherish you! ;)

Here are pics of our time in iPhone pics of our trip {some for the quality}:

No comments:

Popular Posts