14 August 2015

mourning today

I think it's part of the inherent curse Eve cast on all women to mourn the good days before they're already gone. In all those special little moments too precious for pictures pasted on social media, I am guilty of not enjoying my kids because I am already grieving they day they're not little anymore.

~riding their bikes in the driveway in their underwear;
~making shadow puppets on the wall at bedtime;
~pretending they don't want to be tickled but running just within my arms' length
~overhearing giggles at dusk while they soak up every minute on the playground before bed

I could go on and on. I cherish these everyday moments so much that it's hard to think of these little happenings not happening.

In my head, they're grown, independent (let's hope, anyway), and waving goodbye in their rear-view mirror. Can we just breathe in and out, smile, and enjoy these moments for what they're worth? And pray God give us more of an eternal focus, that by teaching and praying for our children, they might know Him and we will enjoy eternity together? After all, we should...

"...seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34


What are those "too precious moments for pictures" moments with your family, friends, or loved ones?

No comments:

Popular Posts