12 June 2012

Mommy's Little Helper

My little man has been growing up before my very eyes, and it has much to do with his comprehension skills growing and a love to please his momma.  He is able to follow simple directions and repeat them back in "Josiah language."  Every third word makes sense to me, but that doesn't matter.  What matters is it makes sense to him, and he loves his new independence that comes with understanding.

Don't get me wrong, he is all boy.  He loves to make a mess.  But, a few days ago, we spilled some water on the floor.  I don't know where he got it, but he found a square of paper towel, went and cleaned up the spill, and opened the pantry door and threw away the paper towel...all WITHOUT me asking.  Wow!  I hope he got the "clean" gene, because I've had to work at it my whole life (ask my mom).

A few of his other favorite things to help with are:
picking up diapers and throwing them away
sweeping
rinsing the dishes as I wash them (anything to use the sprayer!)

No comments:

Popular Posts