16 October 2012

Josiah 2 1/2 Years




Josiah has had a great month.  He's not only talking more, he is using his manners (i.e., please, thank you) without me asking, and behaving Mommy and Daddy.  Now if only I can get him to stop saying loudly in the grocery store, "Watch out!  Watch out!"  (haha)  We're working on "excuse me."  He can now say "Brooklyn," instead of "Baby Sissy," and he practices her name about 100 times a day.  She's his favorite.

Here's an example of Josiah screaming, "Watch out!" 

I am big on the "firsts" in my kids' lives.  Since there are so many to be had, we're always experiencing new ones, and this week was a big one for Josiah.
10/11:He traced letters by himself on his Elmo app on the iPad.  I looked over and he had unlocked the letter by tracing upper and lower case X and Y.  I made such a big deal of it and he just looked at me with the look of, "Really, Mom?  No biggie."
10/12: He was stung by a bee for the first time, on his left jaw.  He was brave after I removed the stinger.  He showed a little sign of allergy, but nothing major.  A little benadryl, some cuddling, and he was all better.
10/14:He also told us, "I love you" to Mommy and Daddy and, of course, first to Brooklyn.  We always tell him, "I love you sooo much," to which he replies, "Too much."  So this was big...to get a clear, "I love you, Momma."  Now, if he only knew what it means?  I think so. ;)
10/16:  First, and hopefully last time ever, he pooped on the carpet in his room after a bath and proceeded to run away from John, tracking it into the living room.  Can you say, "Call 1-800-STEAMER?!"

We are starting to potty train, but as you can see he'd rather poop on the carpet than in the potty.  I put him on the potty and he just laughs and thinks it's the funniest thing ever.  I can't help but laugh along with him.  I'm not pushing it, because I've never worried too much that he'll be in diapers when he goes to kinder.  When he's ready, he'll go.  He doesn't go through too many diapers anymore, so we shall see what the next few months have in store for us!

 Josiah's video after eating a sucker.  Here's what sugar does to a child!  

No comments:

Popular Posts