01 January 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Some things are just too precious to post on facebook.  It’s convenient to post there, and I keep it as a sort of scrapbook for our family/my kids’ milestones, but I have been wanting to get back to blogging for a while now.  I started the blog to connect to family far away, so when the military moved us closer to home, I not surprisingly slowed down on posting.  It’s hard to believe it’s almost time to move again-saying two years goes fast living life with a 4 and a 2 year old is an understatement. 

In 2014, John had two shoulder surgeries, one in March and one in October.  The first was to repair much damage due to injury, and place 4 anchors.  The recovery was rough, to say the least.  He was immobilized for a few months, his shoulder locked up, and they had to go back in to do a manipulation under anesthesia and, thankfully, the second surgery was much less painful, pardon the pun.  He has completed 21 credit hours this year and is two classes shy of finishing his Masters degree in Logistics Management. He is loving his position at UD teaching some bright Army cadets.

Brooklyn turned 2 in February and Josiah 4 in May.  We took our first family vacation to Disneyworld this summer, and my first time ever going.  They are getting along and it makes my heart sing to hear them play in and giggles fill the room.   They remind each other they are each others’ “favorite friend,” yet at times I still feel like a referee.  I cherish these days and if it’s possible, I already grieve the days they are little and under our roof.  I am more and more aware of how fast time is flying.

Josiah started preschool, Awana, and had his first season of soccer at the Y. Josiah’s favorites are Paw Patrol, and he’s recently very interested in drawing.  He is a smart little kid, reading emergent readers and writing and reading numbers that are beyond his years.  He started hunting with Daddy this year, got their first buck together and mounted the rack on the wall with a plaque that reads, “Dad and Josiah’s first deer-5 October 2014.”  Since that day, all he has wanted is a bow and arrow, and was his favorite gift from Santa this year. 

Brooklyn continues to show her sweet personality this year, talking early and acts a lot older than an average 2-year old.  She still loves to make us all laugh, and we wonder where she learned all her animated faces.  Let’s just say she is her mother’s daughter with being silly.  She loves to give hugs, kisses, and being mommy to her babies.  Her favorite things are watching kids’ videos on Youtube, singing and dancing to music, and helping mommy with whatever I am doing.  Cooking, cleaning, or going out and about, she is my little helper. 

The kids will be big brother (again) and big sister in 3 weeks, when we welcome baby #3 into our family, another baby BOY!  I am so grateful to God for the blessing of 3 healthy kids, and feeling new life inside me.  Saying that, we are all anxious for his arrival!  I have had some issues with this pregnancy, more sickness and a bulging disc that I treat with physical therapy.  But overall, this pregnancy has flown by, especially enjoying all the activities the other kids are involved in.

I (Kristin) started using Young Living’s essential oils in January last year and quickly saw victories with allergies, asthma, and sleep (now the list is much longer), so I decided to launch my very first attempt at a home business and decided to become a distributor for the company.  Little did I know how much I would enjoy it, and have a lot of success with it!  It combines things I love-taking better care of my family, and helping others with something I believe works.  I believe it’s just the tip of the iceberg and look forward to starting another year at my new “job.”

Looking forward to 2015, John and I discussed our New Year’s Resolutions.  More on the subject later, but with the big ADDITION of a new family member and the prospective military move, my main goals are to remove things from my life and live simpler.  Most importantly, my goal each year is to grow in grace and be more like my Lord, Jesus.  One of my favorite things to do each year is to open my dear Grandma Perry’s words she left us as a legacy in many journals and devotionals.  On January 1, 2003, she wrote these timeless words that will remain my prayer for this, and every year of my life on earth:

“Lord, this year is to Thy glory: this journal is dedicated to my growth in grace toward a gentle spirit, one that leans on the Holy Spirit, constant in prayer, rejoicing in faith over every blessing, returning praise/thanks/adoration for my great God, and the theology of love in every day permeating all I do, say, think & meditate upon.  I shall keep my eyes on “the city of God” which is my destination, my everlasting home, my reward after my sojourn here below.  –Amen, JEP (June Ellen Perry)”





1 comment:

The Speck Family said...

Happy New Year, Germanceri family! Best wishes as you await the arrival of your new addition in 2015 :)

Popular Posts