25 July 2011

Big Brother

Guess who is going to be a big brother?



This little guy!

We are thrilled to be expecting baby number two somewhere around February 19, 2012. I think about how much JOY & LAUGHTER Josiah has brought to our life these last 14 months and think how lucky (okay, blessed) to be able to do it all over again with another child. We were trying to have our kids right about 2 years apart and it looks like we'll have "two under two" for just about 2 1/2 months.

I've heard it said that every pregnancy is like a diamond, no two are the same. And, boy, is that ever true with this one. I have been nauseous, it seems, since the day I found out that test was positive. I went to my first o.b. exam thinking I was about 10/11 weeks along and when the doctor couldn't hear the heartbeat, sent me to the radiologist for an ultrasound, and back to him 3 hours later to get the results. Turns out, I was only 6 1/2 weeks along, which meant the sickness would probably get worse. It's been a low roar most days, all day, and the other symptom I'm feeling this time that I didn't with the last is the exhaustion. I am finding myself needing to taking naps most days, which I don't normally like to do. The day flies by as it is, and I like to get a lot done around the house when Josiah goes down for his siesta. It may be the fact that I'm chasing a toddler around all day, but I worked full time with Josiah and never felt as tired as what I do right now.

They also say "Blowing up a balloon is easier the second time." I'm full of great sayings today, aren't I? It is also a true statement. I'm showing already and I'm only 10 weeks...makes me scared for things to come. We're trying to take a walk or a bike ride in the evening to stay in somewhat good shape. I walked throughout my pregnancy with Josiah and was out planting flowers when my water broke, and I swear that helped my labor and recovery.

We'll keep you posted on our ultrasound that will happen sometime late September/early October (too long!) to find out the baby's sex. For those of you wondering if we'll wait to find out again (like we did with Josiah), we can't do it! If it were up to me, maybe, but John was going crazy last time and told me "never again," as much fun as it was. Maybe I can convince him...

1 comment:

The Speck Family said...

Hope you start feeling better! Chasing energetic toddler boys around is exhausting enough :) You guys will be in my prayers...I hope the 2nd trimester treats you well!

Popular Posts